Juliette Has A Gun: Moscow Mule (2017)



File this one under "interesting concept, terrible execution." The brand page says this scent is supposed to evoke the feeling "as if it were inviting everyone to share, over a glass of something," presumably a Moscow Mule cocktail. 

But there's no substance or punch here. You get some sharp citruses (lemon and bergamot) in the opening blast, made a little harsh initially by the perfumer's alcohol, but this almost immediately dissipates and fades into ginger and some darker woods notes (it's nearly oud-like, but not quite).

Within 10 minutes, I can no longer smell the scent unless my nose is 2-3 inches away from my skin, and what remains there in this extremely tiny scent bubble is a bit of apple and a slightly dank amberwood and ambrette combo. If this were amplified to the point where I could smell it even just from the basic distance of my hand to my nose, it would be a scent worth considering.

But it's not. There's nothing here but air. I could probably get a more potent Moscow Mule scent on my skin by spilling an actual Moscow Mule on myself.

Notes: Bergamot, Ginger, Woody Notes, Hedione, White Musk, Lime, Lemon, Amberwood, Ambrette, Apple

3/10 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment