Alfred Sung: Sung Homme (1988)



I'm not sure if Alfred Sung's magical Sung Homme fragrance qualifies as a true "barbershop scent" (I think it might need more talcum powder or musk to reach that level), but it's what I always think of anyway. Probably a more accurate statement is that it's a soapy scent, and in particular, it's a bar of Irish Spring, liquefied and bottled.

I don't know exactly what the magic formula is. Perhaps it's the way they blended the patchouli with the pepper, thyme, sage, lavender, and cedarwood. Perhaps it's the sandalwood or the vetiver. Whatever it is, it's spicy clean and green, it's basically liquid Irish Spring, and I love it.

Sung Homme gets better as it dries down and the harsher edges of the pepper and herbs start to soften a bit. Plan accordingly, and don't spray it on 10 seconds before you walk out the door. Give it some time to rest.

The projection is quite good, as you might expect with that explosive combination of ingredients, and the longevity is above average.

The only hesitation I have is that it might be a better scent for someone over 50, not the thirty-something set, and certainly not the college crowd.

Still. Great fragrance. I love to spray some on after my evening workout and shower.

7/10 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment