Paloma Picasso: Minotaure (1992)



I still remember quite vividly the first time I saw and sampled Minotaure at the local mall, back in 1995. It reminded me of key lime pie, and to this day that is the association I make. Minotaure is, quite simply, "that key lime scent." And it's incredibly good.

The scent opens with fresh citrus and perhaps a hint of fruit, with some floral stuff buried way down in the mix. The base is vanilla and amber, and there may even be some cedar lurking in the background. It's hard to tell because the two most prominent notes are the citrus and the vanilla, so like I said, "key lime pie."

The projection is average, but unfortunately the longevity is not great. I need to reapply the stuff every three hours or so if I want to keep the scent going. It's worth noting that Laura Biagiotti's Roma Uomo (1994) is a 99 percent accurate clone of Minotaure, with slightly better longevity.

7/10 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment